2018 Coding and Billing for Therapy and Rehab
Stay current with CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II Codes.
Discover what must be done to comply with coding regulations and documentation standards.
- Master changes to the Medicare Therapy Cap Exception process and how it will effect patient’s out of pocket expenses.
- Learn about orthotic and prosthetic management and training services by differentiating between initial and subsequent encounters.
- New CMS code for development of cognitive skills to improve attention, memory and problem solving.
- Master documentation elements, CPT coding and expected payment changes for Evaluations and Re-Evaluation codes for Physical and Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Services.
- Be prepared for complicated MACRA law: Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists have new 2019 reporting requirements for MIPS and APM bundled payments. Learn what is the best next steps for your organization.
Learn the most current and accurate coding procedures coupled with documentation tips and complete definitions to ensure prompt and optimal payments for future insurance claims.
This course will equip Therapy and Rehab providers with an understanding of industry coding and billing changes that are needed to survive in this changing healthcare environment.
These topics include 2018 CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM coding updates, effective billing, revenue and documentation techniques and best practices. Claims processing guidelines for 837p and 837i claim format. Prevent denials, delays and rejections by understanding how to combat these with effective appeals. Gain strategies for optimal reimbursement from Medicare, managed care, and insurance companies.
Denials, delays, and "more information required" are increasingly common responses for therapy and rehab insurance and Medicare claims. New codes and reimbursement policy changes have further complicated the claims process for physical and occupational therapists and facility-based rehabilitation providers. Effective Medicare and insurance billing requires a thorough understanding of coding, documentation and billing procedures. Consolidating all of the new requirements with existing coding rules and implementing proven billing techniques are the objectives of this seminar. You will learn the most current and accurate coding procedure coupled with documentation tips and new definitions to ensure prompt and optimal reimbursement on future claims.