- DSM-5® cultural formulation and cultural genogram
- 6 Hours of Ethics
- Tools to build rapport with diverse clients
The DSM-5® has changed the cultural criteria in both assessment and treatment of mental health. Integrating these new approaches is essential to ethical and competent practice. Watch this seminar with expert Dr. Jose Vasquez, and you will learn how to incorporate the new DSM-5® criteria and adapt evidence-based models in a culturally sensitive context. By identifying cultural influences and breaking down stereotypes and biases, you can build a stronger rapport with your diverse clients and achieve better therapeutic outcomes.
You will develop the skills to:
- Navigate through language barriers
- Overcome religious and cultural issues in mental health
- Adapt treatment for specific groups
- Identify cultural trauma and psychosomatic distress
- Promote resiliency in your clients
Using case examples, exercises, and plenty of humor, Dr. Vasquez will help deepen your cultural mindfulness in the clinical setting. You will leave feeling confident dealing with diverse clients and better equipped to overcome the challenging demands of cultural competence.
To order the book, Rhythms of Recovery: Trauma, Nature, and the Body, please visit our product store.
To order the book, The CBT Toolbox: A Workbook for Clients and Clinicians, please visit our product store.