Often overlooked, many co-morbidities and reversible factors can complicate accurate identification of the root cause of your client’s cognitive/memory decline – leading you down a frustrating treatment path that fails to get results.
This dynamic and interactive training recording will leave you confident in your ability to intervene with cognitive/memory decline related to early stage Alzheimer’s, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), concussion, Cerebral Vascular Accidents (CVA’s) and Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI).
You will learn the latest evidence-based assessment and treatment interventions for cognitive/memory impairment as well as master the insight necessary to select the most appropriate interventions and safe discharge environments. We will also discuss the impact of ethnicity, education level, obesity, diabetes and other contributing factors that must be considered in the intervention of cognitive/memory decline.
Watch and you will learn:
- Cognitive, stimulation activities, exercise programs and non-medication therapy for depression, sleep issues and mental inactivity
- Computer-based cognitive training, compensatory strategies, spaced retrieval and effective and safe environmental interventions
- Assessments for executive function, fall risk, driving ability and overall safety
- Evidence-based interventions to make new neural connections
- How to prioritize treatment sessions to focus on your client’s functional deficits
- Effective communication strategies for dealing with clients, families, peers and MD’s
The negative implications of misaligned client assessment and treatment interventions are far too important for you to be uncertain and unprepared.